Why write this blog

My photo
It is a way of giving my other self, my unconscious and perhaps artistic self, a way of expressing itself, and thereby helping me working things out. It is somewhat cathartic in a positive way. :)

11 December, 2011

Re-posting

And so I return.
After what must have been about 6 months or so.
During which I have been sacked, unjustly so in my opinion, and I I have fought it and I got some measure of validation shall we say (cannot elaborate for legal reasons).
Been unemployed for roughly four months, and was fortunate enough to return to work within 5 or so, which in the current climate is not bad going. It's been hard work, long hours and a lot of driving.
Anyways, I'm somewhat settling in even though the plan was to move to a completely different city miles away there is now the opportunity to stay right where I am, in good ol' Leicester. I still have a weeks to make that decision thankfully, and I'm pleased I've been given the choice, though one though.
Anyways, today's post is inevitably about her, N. In a way, it's also also being out, with friends, and a group of people, it's been a while!
But moving on, she has come to visit. It hasn't been long since we've been communicating again, largely due to her, her decisions, her honesty and a lot of bravery. That was my main condition, absolute and unconditional honesty, and I got that, I think, but O believe it.
It's been odd seeing her, for real, and talk besides text messages. Albeit somewhat limited, nightclubs and pubs with a large group of people are not ideal grounds for conversations.
But general thoughts/impressions ate that a lot of hurt and grief has been gone through, a lot of bravery (again that expression!) and a willingness to move forward.
Which is fantastic, the best characteristics of her personality seem to be in evidence, whether they are a mask or not are in the current context neither here nor there.
The laugh is there. The smile. The general easygoingness (it's that a new word I just made up again ?! ;) Regardless it's been cool. :)

No comments: