Why write this blog

My photo
It is a way of giving my other self, my unconscious and perhaps artistic self, a way of expressing itself, and thereby helping me working things out. It is somewhat cathartic in a positive way. :)

10 May, 2010

I'm ok, seriously

It was a good day today. Some good sport on tv, the sun shining, a proper lazy Sunday afternoon (finished late last night had a bit of a lie-in). Watched the formula 1 got bored with that, watched Leicester on the play-offs against Cardiff for a bit got bored with that as well so watched an episode of Fringe instead. Was going to watch premiership football at four o'clock but both games were boring so I gave that up. Later on I listened to Benfica's match on the radio (Portuguese football, Benfica is the team I've always supported), last game of the season could be crowned champions after five years ifbthey won. And they did, they won!!! Benfica are champions again, I almost cried with emotion listening to the fans in the stadium and the players, fantastic achievement! Brilliant I'm well pleased.

Then went out for a drink with a friend, ended up in this bar that serves the best nachos with chilli beans ever!! Got home and got a call from my best friend in Portugal, she has recently given birth to a little girl called Maria João, so sad I can't be there with them but such is life hey? Then later on her husband (also one of my best friends, in fact I've known him the longest) called me as well, he was out celebrating Benfica's victory, you can't imagine what it must have been like in Lisbon, the whole city must have come out on the streets, all I could hear were car horns and people cheering! Benfica are huge, there were Portuguese people celebrating in France as well, Paris I think.

Happy times, it's these moments we live for! The little things people, the little things...

No comments: