Why write this blog

My photo
It is a way of giving my other self, my unconscious and perhaps artistic self, a way of expressing itself, and thereby helping me working things out. It is somewhat cathartic in a positive way. :)

04 December, 2009

An image of God

Even though I am an atheist I thought this description of God by Umberto Eco in his book Bauolino too good to pass up:

"God is lamp without flame, a flame without fire, a fire without heat, a dark light, a silent rumble, a blind flash, a luminous soot, a ray of his own darkness, a circle that expands concentrating on its own center, a solitary multiplicity, he is a space that is not, in which you and I are the same thing, as we are today in this time that doesn't flow".

Beautiful, I could be converted to this God, and I suspect maybe even Richard Dawkins!!

No comments: