Why write this blog

My photo
It is a way of giving my other self, my unconscious and perhaps artistic self, a way of expressing itself, and thereby helping me working things out. It is somewhat cathartic in a positive way. :)

11 October, 2009

The Company we keep

The company of friends is invaluable. More than anything it is your friends that will help you without trying simply by being there. Their company and their presence and their conversation can make you forget all the troubles in the world.

I remember a few years ago, when I used to write letters to people, new people I met on this new thing called the internet, I remember somebody telling me that I spoke a lot about my friends, and I replied that your friends define who you are.

Because more than anyone else, more than your family, they have chosen you and you have chosen them, and you have this great relationship wihere there are no rules, no judgement and no recrimination. Some of my best friends are unfortunately a very long away, yet when we are together it is as if we were together every day.

I am lucky, real lucky, in that respect, in that I have a handful of people in which I trust irrevocably. Which I can call at 3am if I need to, not that I ever have, or would on purpose, but I know I could. Perhaps even more lucky, I think I may be finding new real friends as well, they aren't right now, because True Friendship is a process, a sharing of experiences, consciousness and ideas. They are interchangeable and whichever you start on those 3 premises the other two will eventually follow.

I was kept busy this weekend, it was fantastic. The company of intelligent people with whom you can sit down and enjoy a drink and can actually talk about the most diverse things is something truly precious. Moreover, they are helping me get out of my fat arse and do some sports!! Which can only be good. In addition, they also kept my mind busy, and kept me from dwelling and wondering about things which escape my control, as for example, the mind and feelings of a certain loved one...

But, it is still there...

No comments: