Why write this blog

My photo
It is a way of giving my other self, my unconscious and perhaps artistic self, a way of expressing itself, and thereby helping me working things out. It is somewhat cathartic in a positive way. :)

23 October, 2009

Meaning

It's funny how you can always seem to relate to music. Even songs that you knew inside out seem to take on a new meaning and you can relate to them in a whole brand new way.

Music really is an art form, it touches you deeply and connects to your emotions in unexpected ways. Whilst not my favourite and usual music, I really enjoy just instrumental music, no words, no lyrics, no agenda, just chords and sounds vibrating through your body and tuning in to your soul.

The problem with instrumental music only is that it's all fine and good when you are well, but when you are looking for meaning, understanding and solace there are songs and lyrics that can really uplift you, or at least make you feel less lonely.

Even if they are only short and cheesy like the "frown song"...

No comments: