Why write this blog

My photo
It is a way of giving my other self, my unconscious and perhaps artistic self, a way of expressing itself, and thereby helping me working things out. It is somewhat cathartic in a positive way. :)

06 October, 2009

Good meetings

Here's to good meetings and good meeting days!!

The days started all grey and miserable, a proper winter's day, grey and rainy. The prospect of commuting to Sheffield for a meeting that has proven in the past to be so boring you rather blow your brains out, so weary you rather run a marathon or a complete waste of time most times did not feel me with a great degree of confidence for the day ahead.

Surprisingly it did not turn out like that at all. A lot of the stuff talked about was informative and positive. The other stuff was very helpful indeed and I come out with a lot more confidence in my job and I feel like I've actually learned something. On top of that it finished a lot earlier than expected which meant I was home a lot earlier than normal as well.

So it wasn't weary, boring or a waste of time at all. In fact, I came out of it with a lot more enthusiasm for the work needed for the weeks ahead, and a real sense of purpose.

Happy days, and when that happens that tranfers to your mood as well and puts in a positive state of mind.

If only other things could come as such a good surprise...

No comments: